Dogs on Deployment collects personal information that is voluntarily provided by you when you explore the website, make a donation, purchase merchandise, become a DoD Member, or communicate with us by mail, telephone or electronically. The type of personal information we collect and maintain may include:
- Your name, mailing address, and/or email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Pet or household information
- Photographs and/or stories about pet ownership
- Military service information
- Proof of Military and/or Veteran Status (including any information contained on your military ID, Proof of Discharge, or other identifying documentation)
We reserve the right to collect, distribute and use your personal information, without consent where required or permitted by law.
Why Does DoD Collect Personal Information?
DoD collects personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
- To better understand you and to allow us to serve you better through more detailed information, enhanced customer service, and directed DoD promotional efforts of particular interest
- To provide searching parties with enough information about you, your pet(s), and/or your household to determine if a boarding agreement can be made.
- To develop and encourage public support for the DoD mission, such as through the posting of photographs and boarding testimonials submitted by you
- To properly investigate and respond to any challenges, questions or concerns you may have about our service or our Website
- To determine your eligibility for DoD membership.
How Long Does Pets Retain Personal Information?
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
What Security Measures Does Pets Have in Place To Safeguard Personal Information?
Dogs on Deployment keeps your personal information on our server with access to it only by DoD Administrators. Personal information is not shared between users without their consent. Users have the ability to hide their last name and phone number, and your email is not released without you doing so.
Where is my Personal Information Located?